Thursday, March 12, 2009

Another Funny

The last few months, I have noticed a faint (and sometimes not so faint) smell in my work area. Since I have a cubicle, the air is open and so who knows where it comes from. Sometimes someones onion or hot dog lunch drifts down and makes me want to puke. Smells are not confined in a big office. Please be courteous with your smells. But lately, we have been having this distinct smell. At first I was mortified because I thought it was my feet. I have a heater and I keep it blowing on my feet to keep me warm. Naturally, I thought my shoes/feet smelled bad and I was wafting it all over my office. Another time I smelled the same thing and I started to smell my armpits. I was getting paranoid about my hygiene!

The last few days though the smell has been pretty strong. I think it smells like old man farts. Or moldy coffee. Either way, it was gross. Yesterday, a co-worker said something to me - that she smelled it and she thought it was the guy across the hall. So, we whispered about it and kept breathing deeply when walking by this other co-worker to see if it was him.

This morning I didn't smell it so I thought whatever had died in the office across the hall had finally been removed. But about 9:30, the smell was noticeable. About this time, more co-workers were becoming vocal about this funk. We called the maintenance guy and of course he couldn't smell anything. About this time, the co-worker whose office stinks walks back in from lunch. He was carrying a bag of air fresheners. Relief washed over me as I realized that he too could smell it and was going to do something about it! After discussing the situation, he thinks it is his heater - that when he turns it on, it smells. (Sure, blame it on the heater - kidding) He plugs in the air freshener and I am in love with the "Fresh Linen" scent.

About an hour later, I'm not so in love and another co-worker from down the hall pops her head around the corner of my cubicle wall and says it perfectly, "Now it smells like air freshener and farts."

2 comments:

Lani Marie said...

haha- I totally understand! I have an issue with air freshener in the bathroom: I can't stand the smell of apple cinnamon poo- gross!

Ryan and Katie said...

HAHAHA! So true. One time Amanda and I were somewhere in public and she said this place smells like a women's public bathroom. I said What does that smell like? SHe said you know flowers and poop. Hahahah! Hope it goes away!