Monday, March 17, 2014

Kids Updates

Haylie is growing smarter and smarter each day.  She is in the home stretch for finishing up Sonshine School and we will have her enrolled in Pre-K in the next month or so.  She is READY!  She loves school, can't wait to get there to see her teachers and her friends.  Am I ready??  Not so much and yes at the same time.  I'm ready for her to learn more and more but I'm also ready to be able to spend more one on one time with her (on the days Brother is in SSS).  Apparently, after she graduates from High School, she wants to be a::


but at least she will still follow Jesus!! Phew. 

I think she was on a kick from when we got some snow a few weeks ago.  She couldn't wait to get outside and shovel the drive.  I love that she is so excited about that...now.  It probably won't last until her teen years!  Jace just wants to be pulled (or to actually pull himself) the wagon.  Rain, shine, snow...whatever.  He loves this thing.  And his most often phrase now is, "I do it!!!" Mr. Independent for sure.


But they love each other.  And that's why I consider myself so blessed.  I know it won't always be this way but Jace wakes up asking for "Haydee" and wants to be where she is.  She comes in and immediately has a calming effect on him and is very helpful in getting vitamins and chocolate milk for the both of them!

The other day I had Jace's car seat in the house to be put back in the van and Haylie was lounging in it.  J went and got a chair and pulled it up right next to her to sit.  Seriously, adorable.


And of course, Monster's Inc wearing of the mask...

 

Haylie has been expressing her bossy gene quite often lately, but is still a very sweet girl at heart.  She is helpful and sets the table almost every night, helps Jace when he is throwing some sort of tantrum, and is silly and loving life.  We had our friend Brixton come over last week and she dressed up quite crazy.  Hippy girl!


And Jace wants to have his picture taken if Haylie does.


Jace gets into EVERYTHING.  Including cabinets with sprinkles.  But he can open most doors and LOCKS and we often have to seriously lock ourselves into our home so he doesn't escape!  He is obsessed still with fans, lights, shoes on/off, helicopters, opening the garage, stools (as in things you stand on) and saying, "I do it!!"  He is working really hard on actually putting sentences together and it's pretty cute to hear what he pieces together.


Lastly, Justin ordered these rings for me for my birthday - but they just came in the mail two days ago!  I love them!!!  Now my babies will be with me always and my heart is so full!!!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

love your rings!!