Thursday, March 13, 2014

Meet the Deacons + Awkward Family Photo = A Sunday to Remember

We had a super fun, yet super busy weekend!  It all started with Justin's family coming into town for a special reason for Sunday.  But before we get to that, we got to enjoy some family time, I spoke at my sister's church retreat (blah, it could have gone better - nerves!), shopping at a consignment sale, scouting out a craft fair, enjoying a night out for a friend's birthday and finally...the big day on Sunday.

Sunday, my hubby, became a deacon in our church.  And while that means he will continue being the servant he is, it also means that he is recognized for his service and will be called on with these other men for needs in the church.

I am one proud wife.

That also meant we had to go on stage...and lemmetellya, we don't go to a small church - so the nerves kicked in again with sitting in THE FRONT ROW.  I'm just glad I didn't fall or kick over chairs.


After, we got to enjoy a delicious lunch provided by Zio's - yum!!  And of course, take awkward family photos.

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

It was a great day! So happy to see young men like your husband taking on leadership roles!

Darla said...

I'm one proud momma for the job you both do!