Saturday, July 27, 2013

A great day for a train ride

Surprisingly, we have never been to the Oklahoma Railway Museum.  I say that because Haylie is border lined obsessed with Thomas the Train and pretty much all things related to it.  I think she wants to be a train conductor when she grows up.

The museum is open only on the weekends and only offers train rides on the 1st and 3rd.  Since we were having a lazy Saturday this past weekend, I looked it up and it just so happened that it was the 3rd Saturday of the month!  So off we went to find the outdoor museum.

Haylie was so pumped!!  She was a tad disappointed that it wasn't Thomas, but we told her that he was coming later this year.  She asked and paid for our tickets at the station, she got to pick out her seat and she was pumped when Lee the conductor came on board!!!

(Do you see the guy in the background of this picture?  It's the Dr who I went to see at Mercy clinic when I broke my toe.  How random is that?!)

Thankfully Haylie didn't pick the outdoor seats - it was 100 degrees outside.


Jace is inheriting his sister's love of trains. He had a great time as well.  He wanted to be all up in the mix, looking out the window and taking everything in.


I had asked on FB if this was a good place to go and I got lots of "nah, just wait for Thomas."  Well, my train-loving kids had a great time riding the train, looking at the tracks, seeing the drivers, pretending we were on Thomas and watching toy trains go around in circles.

I asked Haylie if this was the best day of her life and she said YES!!

The countdown to Thomas begins...

1 comment:

Chellie said...

We took B to Thomas just before he was old enough to need a ticket -- I'm pretty sure you ride the same train because we rode the outside car... so, you may have had the same ride for less money (Thomas is expensive).