Friday, April 12, 2013

To KS and Back.

A few weeks ago, I just got a random idea to go visit my friend Katie in Wichita.  She is one of my oldest longest friends I really have.  We met when we were 5, living in Delaware and attending Newark CofC.  Our whole families really enjoyed being together and we were really sad when they moved to GA a few years later.  

So I got the idea that since we are both SAHM's, why not go hang out?  The drive isn't that long and is do-able in a day.  So we figured out a day and off we went.  Nevermind that the one (spring) day we chose, we have winter weather complete with ice.  Didn't stop us though!

We attempted to take pictures of all our kids - poor Jace was the only boy there.  He held his own, though.



I think this one is my favorite.  Why is Haylie strangling Jace with a DVD?!

And just to prove how long we've been friends, here is a THEN and NOW.


I have no words for those glasses. And it appears I forgot my makeup in my haste of leaving the house. Anyway, we had fun!! I don't think Katie and I stopped talking the entire time.  With us, we just pick up right where we left off last time.  It's so fun to have a friend for 25+ years.  To 25+ more!!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Oh my, that is one ... special ... picture of us from 20 (?) years ago!

God has been good to us in our continued friendship! Love you!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

So cute! I had some of those glasses in the 80's too! That is wonderful to have friends like that!