Sunday, April 14, 2013

Painted furniture and pinterest crap

Lately, I've been hit with the "my house is too bland" bug.  We tend to be really conservative when it comes to colors and such in our house...and I apparently like to buy black, tan and brown colors only.  Anyway, I finally got the itch to try something with color.  Great thing about it, if I don't like it next week, I can go buy more paint!!  

I started with Pinterest to get ideas.  Of course.

I have no idea where I saved my before picture from but just imagine this table was all cream.  It blended into the carpet.  I'm testing out the teal and chevron.  I'm afraid of color and different textures, and I don't want it to look like an Easter egg.


I painted with teal, added some swipes of stain and finished up with a coat of polyurethane.  My thoughts?  I like it.  Your thoughts?

Next up, I was hankering for something to put here in front of this room divider.  I'm not a huge fan of the divider, so I thought I would try to do something to distract myself from hating it.  We had a dresser that we used in Haylie's nursery for awhile (before pic), then it got stuffed into our playroom because we didn't know where else to put it.  Moved it to the hallway and painted it...

Before and after.



I like the color in the daylight, but when we use the hall lighting at night, it looks like blue instead of the gray/green that I thought it was on the paint sample...so I might have to re-paint with a more solid gray.  I just bought a tester at Home Depot and that did the whole dresser!  I also probably need a bigger picture above.  And maybe that basket needs to go. I'm just trying to use what I have though!

Your thoughts?

And then this is a Pinterest inspired project that just ended up looking like crap.  I used what I had and instead of beautiful name framed pictures, it's just this.

 Oh well.  Maybe another day I'll try something else. 

I would ask for your thoughts...but I know what they probably are!

3 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

That table looks like a fun addition for a neutral room! Throw some matching pillows on the couch and you've got a great spring/summer look. That dressser looks good in front of the room divider too. If you wanted it to pop more I'd try a darker color. I hadn't see the Pinterest name frames before but I think what you did is really cute too! There's my thoughts...

Hucks Randomness said...

I love everything!!

Kathryn said...

I think it all looks great! If you still don't like the dresser, I loved this look:

http://www.younghouselove.com/2012/11/bringing-someone-else-into-the-bedroom/

You are talented! How did you do the chevron??