Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thanksgiving

I'm more than a week behind, but I still want to document Thanksgiving.  We took a roadtrip to Missouri to see Justin's family.  The ride there was crazy for the first 4 hours.  Jace would not stop crying and acting cranky so I finally climbed in the back to try to keep him happy and ended up with major car sickness.  Didn't throw up but wanted to.  I was never so happy as to get to Emporia, KS so we could have a pit stop.  After that he finally fell asleep so it was smooth sailing for the next 3 or so hours.
Thanksgiving Day:

Haylie wanted to help make a cherry pie.

A rare smile from Jace on this day...he was not very happy.



The boy cousins!


If you thought H looked like Justin...


Ok, I lied.  Another happy picture of Jace - but only because he is eating.

Friday was a busy day.  Jace was acting weird...not normal, screaming a lot.  After Justin *tried* to look at his ears and was unsuccessful since Jace FREAKED out, we went to see a friend who was an ENT to get Jace's ears checked out.  Quick (screaming) check later and it was confirmed that his ear looked concerning and likely to have an ear infection.  Poor baby - no wonder he was screaming - he was in pain!  So a quick trip to get some antibiotics and we felt like we were set.  Next day, he seemed so much better!  I had my baby back.  Or so I thought...

The rest of the trip was fun!  We celebrated Christmas with the fam since we wouldn't see them again until 2013!  It was a great, relaxing weekend. Lots to be thankful for!


No comments: