Thursday, June 21, 2012

You Can Run, But You Can't Hide

This week we attended our church's VBS.  The theme was Jonah - You can run, but you can't hide.  The staff did an phenomenal job with the skits, props, crafts, and everything else that goes into VBS for 500+ kids.  I volunteered to help with crafts for 4 & 5 year olds, so my kids went to babysitting at the church.  The start age for VBS is 3, but since Haylie is 2.5, they put her in a group and let her go do the stations too.  And let me just say...

She LOVED IT!!!!  These are the things she keeps talking about after VBS:

-I hold the rope!!  *They have the kids hold a rope going between stations so no one gets lost.
-I see a big whale!  It's BLUE! 
-Where'd the big whale go??
-*After watching two whole skits, the whale's sound effects "burped" up Jonah.  Her only take away from the skits..."He burped!!  Big time!!
-I ate cookies!  They were black.
-Look, it's my fish! It lights up.


Imagine all of those being said with 100% enthusiasm...25 times over.


If you ask her what she learned about, she says God.  But if you keep asking questions regarding Jonah, she eventually gets around to telling you all about it. I love seeing her having such a good time learning about God and the Bible.  Thank you, MRCC, for doing such an AWESOME job...and especially for letting my baby girl join in this year.  It brought tears to my eyes seeing her take it all in and having the time of her life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh...I am jealous! I totally wanted B to go, but he's too little. I can't wait for next year!!
I LOVE MRCC kids ministry!!
Chellie
(I'm too lazy to log in)