Friday, June 8, 2012

We have FLOORS!!!

I never thought this day would come.  The day when I would say good-bye to our nasty carpet!  I have been wishing and hoping and finally, on Memorial Day weekend, my floor dreams came true. 

A big thanks to Justin's parents, Jerad, Dustin, my dad, random Richard from next door and lots of well wishers who took on this massive project.  It was 4 days of non-stop flooring.  And it was 4 days of me and the kids imposing on my parents.  (Thanks again!!)

BEFORE:



Almost Done!!


AFTER!

It would have been better to take the same shots as my before pictures, but I'm trying to avoid the messes made by my favorite Haylie.  I mean, who wants to pick up toys just for a picture?



These are our new vent covers.  I just love them.  It really helps complete the floor, instead of the nasty, beat up gray ones that were put in about 20 years ago.

Now that we have our wood floors, it means that we now have to rearrange our furniture, which means new wall decor, which means new rugs, which means a whole lot of stress on the budget.  But I'm trying to be economical and use what we already have.  So who wants to come over and help me redecorate from things we already have?  You know it will be fun...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks good!

Ryan and Katie said...

love it! And I love Haylie's excitement on her face in that picture!

Maria said...

Have I told you yet that I'd love to help! It's always easier and more to help other people. :)

Chellie said...

I can't believe I missed this post! I love it!!! They look great.
Chellie