Tuesday, May 22, 2012

It's Called Loud City for a Reason

I love the Thunder.  I love how this team came from Seattle to OKC and how our city {state} has completely and unconditionally fallen in love with this basketball team.  I love how my kids can grow up loving a team and will get to go to games.  Although this season I haven't been the best fan...having a 2 year old and a baby doesn't allow many game attendances.  But, thankfully, my hubby works for one of the bigger companies who gives out free tickets to their employees.

He got tickets to last nights game.  AHHHH!!!!!

OKC vs. Lakers.  We are up in the series 3-1.  We just need this one win and we are golden.

And we got it.  THUNDER UP!!!
Thank you for the awesome seats, Chesapeake!!
Every game I have gone to, I have wanted to sit behind the basket and clap the french fries.  Last night was the very first night I got them!!!  And I clapped them so hard, they almost popped.  I might have brought home 3 extra sets...
That blob is Kobe.  My zoom sucks. Great player...not the best attitude.
I. Look. Huge.  But regardless of that, we were there!!

KD.  A little half time practice.
A sea of blue.
Thunder Win!!  Don't you love the fist pump I caught?

I really don't remember the score - I know we were into the 100's and the Lakers were not.  We had a win and we all knew it.  The arena was going crazy.  This morning I didn't have a voice and my ears were still ringing. My clapper that they gave us was completely worn out, bent in half (it was cardboard).

What a game.

I must mention that I'm just sick about what happened afterwards.  I thought Thunder fans were better than that.  A blogger for the Oklahoman sums it up well.  OKC is classier than that.  Come on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not really a basketball fan, but if we still lived in OKC, I'm sure I would be a Thunder fan. We went to a Hornets game there after the hurricane, and it was really fun to see the city uniting and embracing the team, and even more so with the Thunder! :)