Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Road Trip

This past weekend we got to take our first road trip with two kids to Missouri!  Justin was going to go to the lake by himself to spend some time with his dad and brother, but turns out we all got to go spend time in Columbia.  I'm not going to lie - the trip to and from wasn't much fun, but the in between time was.

Unfortunately I forgot our camera.  And to take many pictures.  Boo.

Highlights:
-Justin and Dan catching some guys stealing from Dan's pole barn thus the other guys being arrested
-Spending time outside enjoying the beautiful weather
-Watching Jagger play baseball
-Watching Jagger play soccer
-Playing on a really cool playground
-Spending a low key night at Grant & Brei's new house
-Trampoline+Haylie+cousins=Love
-Celebrating Mother's Day with Barb and Brei

I didn't pack well for my kids so we had to borrow a jacket
Jace's first baseball game
Desperate for a break from the car.  Just a random truck stop north of Blackwell, OK. What is wrong with my legs?  Yikes.
I don't know why but I love this picture.
Peek-a-boo behind a diaper
All in all, the kids did great for such a long trip.  I may or may not have pumped while driving.  We may or may not have given Jace a bottle every single time he started crying. We couldn't handle more time added to the car, so we didn't stop in Wichita like we normally do to spend time with the Bonds...next time guys!!

 I'm road-tripped out. But spending time with family was worth it!

1 comment:

Tarren and Erin said...

When I am nursing a baby I always pump in the car when on a long trip. There is no shame in it, Mama! I use a nifty hand pump. It is great for traveling.