Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Souvenirs

So I didn't mention that for an awesome souvenir from the beach, I caught a nasty coughing virus on the second to last day.  This made my last beach day almost non-existent while I slept (or tried to) the day away.  With being pregnant, I can't take much medicine and all I really wanted to do was chug some alcohol-included cough syrup to make me sleep.  But since my baby's health is at stake, I thoughtfully put the NyQuil back and got the recommended syrup.

Today I had an appointment with my OB.  Justin wasn't able to make it and I couldn't find a babysitter, so I hyped myself up and thought I could totally take energy-crazed Haylie with me - no problem.  This is something I will never do again.  Every stop on the elevator made for a quick escape, she had about 3 tantrums in the first waiting room, walked into the glass center table in the second waiting room, wouldn't stop crying after that (not even my awesome singing helped!!  What?!), was so enamored with the light that looks you know where, the Hazardous cabinet was her second fascination, decided she didn't want to be put down...I could go on.  Needless to say, with my virus, lack of patience and my daughter who desperately wanted a nap, I'm not thinking we will be attempting any solo doctors visits again. 

But, the visit ended well when my beautiful, wonderful, favorite doctor prescribed me some cough syrup with codeine in it to help me sleep tonight.  Yes, that went wonderfully well.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I remember trying to take Cooper to appointments, not fun. Luckily I had a friend that worked at Mercy, and she'd come to my appointments when she could. My doc gave me straight codine to subside my cough when I was pregnant with Maddie.....it's wonderful! (I just took half a pill to stop the coughing)

Maria said...

I had several "fun" doctor visits with Ella too... I made sure to pack a snack and something fun. :) But, let me know if you ever need to drop Haylei off at our house. The girls would love to have her over to play!

Maria said...

(Sorry about the typo above. I really do know how to spell your daughter's name.)