Thursday, August 18, 2011

Memory Lane

My 10-year reunion from high school is this weekend.
 
I can't believe I've been out of H.S. for 10 years.  I can't believe I've been married for (almost) 5...I have been a mother for 2...and that I will have TWO kids in less than another year.

What?!

It seems surreal that 10 years ago, I was walking in the hallways with my BFF's, thinking about prom, going to band practice (yes, I just admitted that on the internet), discussing boys and how dumb/great they were, wondering about college and basically not realizing that the next chapter of our lives would take us in so many directions.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go back to PA for the reunion.  Time and money are a factor, but I'm unsure whether I want to go back. Would they remember my bomb of a year as Sophomore Class President, I actually was in band, that I loved algebra but almost flunked out of geometry, that I passed out after my social studies final exam due to period cramps in the hallway, had a major issue with bad bangs/haircuts, braces, glasses & sweaty armpits, and was is a really big dork?

It really doesn't matter if they did.  All of those things made me who I am today, which I am slowly accepting. :)

Yes, I definitely would LOVE to see a handful of people who really helped shape me and my personality.  But there will be a time for that later.  At least I hope so.

As a momento of my life in Pennsylvania, here is the house where I lived for eight years.  I loved this house, the yard, the friends who came over, the fact that my best friend Mikey lived across the way within walking distance.  Except imagine it wasn't an ugly yellow.  It was gray with red trim.

Thanks PA for (mostly) great memories.  I miss you.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Ten years?! Crazy. Also, that pic of your house is wigging me out. The shape of it is familiar, but that's all! How long did you live there before I moved away? My primary memories of that house: playing bank in the office, playing school in your room and using your windows as our whiteboard, Emily brushing my hair in the upstairs landing, puking downstairs the night before a Six Flags trip, making double batches of mac and cheese, and trying to hear the TV over the sound of your dad on the nordictrack (how the heck do you spell that?). But those memories are from at least 15 years ago. Doesn't that sound impossibly long ago?