Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I was embarrassed when people came over.

Because my porch is in need of a makeover.  And I love me a good makeover.  So, my mom found this bench at a garage sale for like, $10 a year ago.  I spray painted it black and found these...pillows...on clearance at Lowe's.  They didn't fit, but I kept them anyway.  The bottom pillow was flimsy and you felt like you were about to fall through.  So...off to the fabric store I went.


Pathetic.  I know.
After spending a bit more than I expected (do you know how much FOAM costs????) I finally set to work.  I stayed up way too late and even gave up a nap.  Now, I can use a staple gun but a sewing machine?  We have had some fights in the past. 

So after a few hours and thankfully not having to figure out how to "wind a bobbin", I put together these pillows!!  Just don't look too close at the hand stitching - it's terrible.  Looks much better, yes??
I LOVE IT!!! Now that you don't fall through the bottom when sitting on our bench, I feel much better.  Now to work on my door wreath and other corner of the porch.  I might just have to wait for when it's less than 100 degrees out. 

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

That looks AWESOME! I am so impressed with you!

Team Andrews said...

Dustin thinks it looks soooooo good and I love it too! Way to go miss crafty!

Tarren and Erin said...

Yay! Great job, Erin!

Maria said...

Looks great!!! Good job!

Unknown said...

How cute! Love it!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Looks great! It is crazy how expensive foam costs! I made a window seat cushion for Landice's room and about had a heartattack when I forked over the doe for the foam!

Rachel said...

Super cute! Outdoor fabric is expensive too, it's crazy! An outdoor living room is on my list of things to do too!

Gabrielle Aapri said...

Fabulous!!:)I love the colors!