Sunday, August 14, 2011

Da Hood...and Da Floor

Now you see it...



Now you don't!!


Some people were a fan of this vent hood, I however, was not.  It was right in your face and you had to do a dance around the kitchen when talking with others.  Justin and I decided Saturday that there are some projects around the house that NEED to get done before baby #2 comes and to kick-start those...down comes the hood!  It just took a short hour of (Justin's) time.

Then today we decided it was time to remove the lovely peel and stick floor. I have had an issue with this floor since we moved in.  Some of the "tiles" were just floating on top of the concrete and were SUCH a pain to try to clean.


GONE!!!!!  We will actually have to live with the concrete floor for a little while until we get some other things demo-ed, but you know, I really don't mind.  It looks better already. :)

Justin is awesome - he worked on this floor ALL day.  I helped take up the tiles (they literally popped up - so easy) but there was a residue on the floor.  Since he was using some pretty potent chemicals, I had to go in the other room and nap.  But later, Haylie and I actually left because of some other chemicals that were much stronger.  It stinks not being able to be in your own house, but this is totally worth it.  More to come, I'm sure!

4 comments:

Kayla said...

so exciting!!!

Brei said...

awesome. i am excited to see what you are going to do next!

Anonymous said...

Love it. Tonight I pained my TV room the same color you pained your spare room. True story...I pulled up your blog and went back to the post till I found the color name...I loved it that much.

- Carrie

Chellie said...

So how did you get that tile up?? We need to do that in our downstairs and I have no idea how!
Maybe you could just stain the concrete.. Are you going to get a new hood vent? A smaller one?