Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pumpkins

Since I missed the JSO Girls Night Out last Thursday, I had to paint my own pumpkins and here are the results! Not too bad on the white one (I got excited on the "S"), but the orange one is a little lacking in creativity and symmetry. :) Maybe my excuse can be was that I wasn't feeling well?

On another note, my family is trying to think of alternative things to do for Christmas besides doing the traditional spend as much money as you can thing - any fun ideas?

4 comments:

Candice said...

Lovely pumpkins! Do a "find the most awesome thing you can for $20" hunt for each other. How about making gifts this year instead of buying stuff?

jlair said...

I think you are very creative Erin!

As for Christmas...my family and I helped out at the Red Andrews Dinner. My dad and siblings were NOT thrilled about the idea, to say the least. But, everyone ended up loving it. My dad especially! So, that might be an idea!

We also didn't do presents last year. We just did stockings and then had family fun at Six Flags in Dallas. The memories are worth so much more than any "thing" I could have unwrapped.

I'm glad you're blogging! Now I can keep up with you!

Ryan and Katie said...

This year Ryan's family is having the theme of "nothing new" so we are garage saling (or antiquing) for presents. There's also lots of missionaries you could give money too. Or buy a sheep or cow for a family in a third world country. I've heard of families doing that.

Unknown said...

Last year we had fun giving gift cards to every family member with a little gift attached to it that would go with the gift card. This way we spent exactly the same amount on everyone, and it was fun coming up with different gift cards to match everyone's personalities.