Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Heart Huckabee

We had the honor of going to listen to former Governor Mike Huckabee (thanks Allison for the tickets!!) It was a really good time to listen to him speak about his journey & defeat in the election and how he struggles with Type II Diabetes and is a 4 time marathon runner. He's also a former Baptist preacher, family man and a great politician. He is a very funny guy and had us laughing a lot of the time. I hope he tries to run again for President in 2012.

Unfortunately we didn't get to meet him but we got a few shots of him signing his book. I might have to rent the book one day from the library, but I didn't want to fork over $30 to meet him. I'm cheap. We had a blast though (especially listening to the person next to us "guffawing" at his jokes)!!


I never was a political person and I still don't think I am now. I'm just concerned about our nation and what's going to happen in a week. I believe that every vote is important and I want to make an educated decision. I know that ultimately everything is in God's hands and He is in control.

I might have to get used to politics - if Justin ever runs for City Council like he says :)

2 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

Woo hoo! Election day is only a week away!!! It's exciting!

Ryan and Katie said...

Oh AND about your Christmas thing with your family, I couldn't think of the website then but I thought of it. It's kiva.org and you can check it out but it's a way to donate small sums of money to people in need to make their lives and businesses better. You can check it out bc it can explain it better than I can. See ya tonight!