Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Our Valentine Projects

Valentine's Day.  The time when getting creative is all over blogs and lots of mommy's are discussing what "we're" going to do for our kids.  This year I wanted to be cheap...but that also meant more time-consuming.  I was half-way wishing I went the easy route when nothing seemed to be going right in the craft department, but we pushed through and ended up loving our valentine's.

For Jace's, I thought I would use the rest of a huge bag of Dum-Dums I got awhile back.  I saw a cute idea on a mom blog (which I can't remember which one right now, ugh!), so I thought I would try to recreate it!

I took a picture of J holding his hand out in a little fist.  Added some hearts in PicMonkey.com and a little tag that said Happy Valentine's Day.  I wish I would have also put Love, Jace, but that detail slipped my mind and I had to hand write.  Could be worse. :)


I could not be more in love with these Valentine's.  They turned out hysterically beautiful.

For Haylie, I got a good idea on this FANTASTIC blog.  Anna created print-ables, but I just wanted to have a tag instead of a bag topper, so I recreated a tag off of her creative ideas.  For this I used Canva.com.

So we made our playdough from her post, divided it into 18 pieces for her friends at school, created a tag and tied it on.

And I forgot to type Love, Haylie on this one too, so she got the fun project of writing it on the back!


For our Valentine's Day party on actual V-day, we made heart cookies!  Chocolate + peanut butter = best Vday ever.  So, I let Haylie stay up a little bit late to help me make these for our friends the night before.


And just for fun, here is a pic of our Valentine's from Daddy!  Flowers for me, one rose for Haylie and cookies for all of us!  He sure does love us :)


1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

You made some cute ones! Pinterest makes things so easy! I love it. I remember when my kids were little I would search through magazines for creative ideas for holidays. I remember collecting detergent scoops for about a year, then washing them and filling them with Hershey kisses and giving them away with little tags on them that said, "scoops of love". Being creative was so much harder back then!