Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Little Brother turns 2!

The weekend following my dad's surprise party was Jace's 2nd birthday!!  I was pretty worn out but was determined to make this special for my little boy.  We, of course, had a Thomas the Train party for my train-loving boy.  {I'm just thankful he has fallen in love with the same thing as Haylie...it's been a $ saver for sure :oP}

I was skeptical the weekend of his birthday because he was acting like a Terrible Two.  Tantrums, not sleeping well, crying for no reason...it was not fun thinking about this party.  But, I still was able to whip up his cake with him crying at my feet the majority of the time.  Thankful for Amazon Prime who shipped this cake decor set in two days.  Whew, saved my butt there!


I decided to go ahead and do an early lunch party with PB&J's, chicken salad, fruits and veggies to go with the cake.  Thomas led the "train" of food.

Party favors were train whistles, party blowers and Thomas fruit snacks.


{We are on Thomas overload over here, but two little kids are loving every minute.}

Grandma and Papa sent these headlamps and all the parents at the party were asking where we got them.  All I knew to say was, "Missouri." Ha!


Remember his attitude issues?  Yes, first part of his party he was throwing a tantrum because....well, we just don't know why.



Sister was in full support-mode of the party theme by wearing her Thomas costume and sporting a party hat most of the time.

I don't know why they both look so confused, but I love this.


Haylie and Liesel were cuddled up watching the opening of gifts.

So fun!
Lunch time!
Cake time!! He was so excited to blow out the candles.
Hungry gals waiting for their piece!

Sunday was his actual birthday so we got him a few more Thomas gifts.  Man, he better like Thomas as long as H does!  We need our money's worth out of all this - ha!

1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Oh, wow, you have been in party mode - just saw your Dad's party too! How much fun - love all the special details you put into both of them.