Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Wall Gallery

The kids are getting to the age where they make fun projects at school and bring them home.  Which results in a parent dilemma of keeping everything or tossing it out.   I'm the worst (sorry kids!) with keeping it because they honestly won't care when at 18 I hand them a big file of their scribbles from preschool.  I'm so sentimental, I know.  Anyway, they do make cute stuff though that I want to display for a time.  Something they can be proud of. So I found an idea on Pinterest when I was looking to re-do the kids rooms and thought what a cool idea!  A wall gallery to hang their artwork!  We had a bare wall that needed something, so it was a perfect spot.

Looking towards H's room.

The full effect from her doorway.

Close up of how we did a cheaper version of a clip.

So on the Pinterest website, they bought these silver clips with a hole in the back that you could screw straight into the wall.  Well, those are super expensive (IMHO) and the wood trim was already more pricier than I thought.  So Justin suggested the cheaper clips that come in a bigger pack (less than $1.50 for 12) and he got washers to keep them in place to screw it to the wall.  Works like a charm!  At first I didn't like the look of it - but once he sharpied over them to make them darker and got it up in place, I loved it!!

And now we have a wonderful place to put their little creations!

5 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

cute! our fridge is the display until for now but I've been wanting to do something like this! Maybe when we live somewhere I can put holes in the wall.... :)

Michelle said...

This is cute, I use that app for Cooper's artwork stuff, Artkive, I did it all year last year, but haven't made a book yet. It turns it into a book, and it does it all by itself, so hopefully I like the book when I make one. Maybe I should try it so I know if it's worth taking phone pics of all his work....

Chellie said...

We have a gallery wall space for B's art. I bought old frames at Goodwill so I can just change the pictures out. Sadly, I don't change them as often as I should. A lot of his art ends up in the recycle bin.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Sounds like an easy way to do it! Maybe you can get H to do the job of taking down and putting up the new art projects!

Unknown said...

Looks great!! Glad you did got it done… and I know H at least LOVES seeing her special projects! :)