Monday, November 4, 2013

Big boy time!

The other night, Justin got a wild idea to change Jace's crib from being a crib to a toddler bed.  I was less than thrilled with the idea, but I thought we could at least try it out.  So we busted out the camera (since I've been slacking these days) and tried to document a big step in the little boys life!  Both wanted to help...or maybe they just wanted to jump on the mattress.  Either way, we had a family night transitioning the bed!


This beauty has the biggest eyes and the smallest mouth.  This is my proof.


Why yes, H is worse than most retail stores with wanting to wear her holiday shirts before Thanksgiving even arrives.


Transition - complete.  Now, let's discuss bed time.  I wish I could say it went flawlessly, but that would be lying.  He hopped out of bed before we even shut the door, flew himself into said closed door, somehow opened the door, which resulted in us putting him back in bed.  Commence screaming for over an hour, then finally falling asleep on the floor with his feet blocking any opening of the door.  He woke up several times during the night for whatever reason and then woke up early the next morning, which resulted in waking up the sister.  I was not a happy camper.

We changed it back to a crib that night.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I never have changed my kids to a bigger bed until they could crawl out of the crib or they asked to change.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

HA HA - I guess it's funny if it's not you...

Erin said...

So smart!! I'm not sure why Justin thought J was ready...but we found out he sure wasn't ;) my advice to anyone...do what you did!

Erin said...

I can laugh about it now... :)

Chellie said...

HAHAHA!! I'm only laughing because you changed it back. Live and learn. B never crawled out of his crib. We just changed it around Christmas after he turned two and made it a big deal because he got "big boy" bedding. He was really excited at that point to sleep in his big boy bedding.