Sunday, September 1, 2013

Cars, Planes & Trains

Lately I have had one mission in mind and that has been working on Jace's room.  Before, his room was filled full of furniture and no decor flow.  It was a room I didn't want to spend much time in and neither did anyone else.  Now, it is one of my favorite rooms!  Below are the changes!

When you walk into the room and turn to the left, this is your view.  A busy board, new art for the wall and yellow crates for a book shelf.  I switched his tan/cream curtains to red, making them pop and I love it!!!  (I must admit, this was an arm-twist from my friend Maria since I thought it would not look good and needed to be navy...what do I know?)



Turning a little bit, you see the bed with my favorite license plate map and three clocks with times set to Sydney, OKC & Vienna.  Add a new comforter with a fun airplane pillow and it's a lot better than using any of my old bedding that doesn't match.



Kept the crib and his letters since I love them...and changed up the shelf decor.


I bought these neckties at the Target dollar spot and Jace doesn't care for them - so his bear gets to wear them.  I mean, someone needs to!


So back to this art.  This was a labor of love that Justin and I painted for him.  I found an idea on Pinterest and wanted to make it my own.  Bought three canvases from HL, Maria cut out the stencils on her silhouette, and Justin and I painted around the stencils with lots of touch ups involved.  One night we stayed up til 11:30 finishing these.  Ugh.  But they are exactly what I wanted and I love them.  Jace does too actually...he points up at them and laughs!

It's really amazing what a few changes do to a room.  It livened it up so much and is fun for him now to be in there. I'm thankful to my friend Maria for helping me find all these ideas and for Justin being patient with my one track mind on redoing Jace's room.  What to do now that this is done?  Work on Haylie's room, of course!



2 comments:

Darla said...

You can help me do my pictures...the room looks great!

Unknown said...

I LOVE how the artwork turned out for his room. You guys rocked it!!