Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Busy Boy!

Awhile ago as I was browsing Pinterest, I came across the idea to do a Busy Board for a little boy.  I thought this idea was really cool and wanted to make one for Jace.  But as most of my ideas go, it got put on the back burner, then forgotten about...until his bedroom "makeover."  Back on Pinterest, this one came across and I liked the simplicity of it since the first one I saw looked too hard (aka they set the bar too high).

So with this picture and this site as my inspiration, I begged some time during a recent date night to go to Home Depot with Justin so we could find some fun things for Jace Jace.

We had a good time finding things that we thought J would like to tinker with and kept track of the prices so we didn't get out of control.  It's still kind of pricey (the original website said $50, we came in a little under that) but we also got a light that he could turn on and off so that hiked the price up a bit.

Saturday we laid it all out, stained the board, painted the sides a yellow and secured everything on the board.


Sunday we installed it on the wall and let him loose...


It's a winner!  He doesn't just stand there and play with it for hours on end, it's a come and go thing for him. It's simple in design so it's not too overwhelming. 

The worst thing about it is that there is only one busy board and two kids who want to play with it...ahhh. A lesson in sharing.  Perfect. 

4 comments:

Chellie said...

That's a great idea!
I should make one of those for B for our road trip!

Brei said...

Cute! Good work!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

I love it! It looks like practice for getting out of the house, tho!!! :)

Kayla said...

That's awesome!! I am sending this to my sister!!