Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Random Updates

The Garage Sale
Best we've ever had!! Between 10 families, we made $2400+!!  Not too shabby!  We had a smooth day with all the kids running around, we weren't washed out by severe storms, we sold A LOT of stuff and clean up took maybe 30 minutes.  Success in every way. I might have to start a waiting list for my annual garage sale...I heard some other people are wanting in!

The Duplexes
It's been awhile since I've mentioned anything about them...which is GREAT.  Since our terrible renter, we cleaned up the place (it was trashed, completely. I won't even go into WHAT we found left over in it.)  We found another renter who actually cares what goes on and pays on time.  So, right now we (happily) have no vacancies and four awesome renters.  We love it!

The Jacers
Jace went to the dr today for his 15 month check up.  He is 21 lbs and 31 inches in length, so I have a tall and skinny boy on my hands!  We discussed the boil some and we are going to try some Mederma to see if that clears it up.  It's so close to being gone...hopefully we won't have to go to the dermatologist for that.  I just want my sweet baby's face back!  He is so close to taking his first steps solo...getting braver by the day. I just know that he will be running around so soon.  Can't wait!!

Haylie-Bug
Still very much into riding her bike and watching/playing Thomas the Train.  She is a sponge in that she repeats 95% of what you say, will jump into your conversation acting like she totally knows what you are talking about and still has a love for the color purple.  This is, by far, the best and most fun stage yet.  Her hair is getting so long, I'm thinking we are going to have to go for a "big girl" cut soon.

Summer Plans
Right now we only have a big beach trip planned towards the end of the summer...which we are driving to.  Only 22 hours in the car - no big deal, right?  HA.  We will see.  I'm looking forward to the adventure, but I might be eating my words 4 hours into it. I also signed Haylie up for swim lessons at a local pool and plan to have lots of play dates at the park and zoo and hopefully can get some more swim time in too! I didn't mean to rhyme.

Caramel
Yes, we still have our fur kitty.  She sleeps a lot and growls at our neighbors cat that is constantly in our back yard.  I love it, I think it's good for her to get riled up once in awhile.  Otherwise, she's kind of boring!

2 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Congrats on the sale! Always a good thing if you can make a little money and get rid of the excess! I want to invite you to use our pool whenever you want! Since my kids are big we just don't use it much. You don't even need to call. You can use the side gate and just come on in. I might even join you sometime. Several people from church come over like this and I love the visitors!

Chellie said...

We love being part of your sales -- think we are going to have our own this year.
I also love this age -- so fun! We should plan some summer play dates together.