Friday, May 17, 2013

Teacher's Gifts

At Christmas and at the end of the year, I'm always searching Pinterest for some new and not overused idea to get my kids teachers. Since Jace has 3 and Haylie has 2, that means it also needs to be a cheap(er) gift.  I want each of them to know how much I truly appreciate them and what all they did for my kids...but not go bankrupt in the process!

This year I'm trying out the Movie at Home gift basket.  I went to the store and got a couple boxes of popcorn to split between them, packages of trail mix, candy bars and boxes of candy.


Hit up the dollar store for some cute bins.


And added a Redbox gift card for 5 rentals.

I'm just now thinking maybe I should put some sort of drink in there too but some things might be better left to their choosing.  I'm semi-stressing that they won't like the candy or popcorn I choose...but they can share it with their families if not!  It's the thought that counts, right?!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It is the thought that counts. I like the movie bucket, who doesn't like popcorn? I'd add another candy before d drink unless you knew what they loved. I waited til the last minute for Cooper's teachers this year, but ended up just caving and giving them both a gift certificate to a nail salon. I figure all day every day with 17 pre-k kids, they deserved it.

Ryan and Katie said...

Thats a cute idea!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

As a former teacher, I loved almost anything - it truly is the thought that counts! Your gift says, "sit down and relax a little" and that's great!