Friday, February 10, 2012

Settling In

I've forgotten what life with a newborn is like.  All they do is eat, sleep and poop, but definitely on their own time schedule and not yours.  So far, Jace has done really well with his to-do list. He is a champ at all of the above and proved it yesterday at the doctors office.  We had his 1 week visit - where he is still perfect - and he is already 4 oz above his birth weight!  He should be though with the amount of time I spend feeding that dude.

Haylie is, well, she's adjusting.  She got hit with the stomach bug on Monday and has been battling the eating issue since.  Not to mention everything is different lately with Daddy being home, Mommy not being 100% available and a new squeaky brother thrown in her mix.  Mostly though, she is doing awesome and loves likes tolerates her new brother. She helps with diapers and notices when he is sad.  But today she did tell me, "Jace down!!" because I was holding him and she wanted me to do something with her.

One thing she does love is Jace's stuff - swing, bouncy chair, monkey mat, bed.  She thinks that Elmo and Bear have new places to hang out! Oh, and Jace's paci.  Elmo gets those too.

Regardless, we are adjusting to being a family of four and I'm adjusting to less sleep than my usual 10+ hours. (You think I'm kidding!)  Justin is ready to go back to work - staying home and not being 100% busy is not up his alley.  But he has been a huge help and has let me "sleep in" while he gets up with Haylie.

The transition has been good...and the only time I've balked at the fact that I am actually a mom of two is when Justin said the word "kids".  As in we now have more than one and that's just weird.

Because didn't I just graduate from high school like, last year?

No comments: