Monday, October 17, 2011

Well, I didn't meet Oprah.

But we "met" lots of interesting people.  Justin and I went on an wedding anniversary/babymoon without our baby girl to...

It was so much fun!!  We stayed with Justin's cousin Victoria and husband Arnold.  It was really fun staying with them and gave us a different view of Chicago other than the tourist-y area. 

Justin and I rode public transportation all by ourselves.  We did really good and techincally didn't get lost at all.  We might have gotten a little impatient and rode a bus along the south side of Chicago...we were both sweating for our safety just a little bit...but we totally made it back up to where we needed to be! 

We did the Architecture Foundation boat tour - totally recommend, went to the Navy Pier to browse, went to the Museum of Science and Industry, we walked along the Magnificent Mile, we tried to eat the raved about deep dish pizza but never got a chance because of ridiculous lines, and rode a lot of public transportation getting to and from each destination.  We thought for a second of trying to go find Harpo Studios, but didn't want to spend even more time on the L when the weather was so gorgeous.

After two days of being touristy and walking all over Chicago, we spent the day with Arnold and Victoria in their part of Chicago, Andersonville.  This is a cute store front where I loved everything in this store!  I did not love the prices though...and even made a really fast trip out to IKEA where I bought as much as I could fit into my suitcase!

We did get to go out to dinner each night with Arnold and Victoria.  We went to Hamburger Mary's and I had a hambuger with mac n cheese on top!  I might have gotten sick after I ate this but it was still good.  We went to all you can eat sushi where we had to cut Justin off otherwise he would have kept going after 7 rolls, we went to a lovely Italian restaurant and a Mexican restaurant.  We basically covered all major food groups including lots of sweets in between (including a whole cake from Dinkel's).

 We had lots of fun and saw so many interesting people.  Chicago is awesome...but it is definitely not Oklahoma.  I almost had a heart attack stepping into the O'Hare International Airport...think Walmart on a Saturday times 100.  SO MANY PEOPLE.
We did miss our baby girl sooooo much but knew she was in good hands between all her grandparents.  It was nice to not change diapers and deal with a few fits along the way, but the minute I saw those big blue eyes I knew I didn't want to leave her again for a LONG time!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Jeremy and I thought about going to Chicago! I have been there and I love it. I love Geno's East Pizza, so good! Glad you all had some time to yourself!!

Ryan and Katie said...

so glad you got time to yourselves! But nothing like time apart from your baby to know how much you do love them!