Sunday, October 9, 2011

This post might be just for the grandparents.

Haylie hasn't just been in timeout.  She has plenty of time to play and be a kid.  Lately, she has been really in to putting on clothes.  We watch Elmo everyday and they have kids show how to put on shoes, jackets, hats...so she's been putting on everything she can.  Socks, shoes, pants and jackets.  And I always hear her act like she's teaching someone else how to do it.  "You put your arm in..." 

Haylie wearing Justin's socks.
She's still REALLY into Elmo.  Her birthday is coming up in 2 months (WHAT!) and I'm thinking an Elmo party will make her the happiest 2 year old around.  Either that or stars.  I know, random.  She sings "Winkle, winkle, wittle star" every free second she can and will find the tinest star on anything around.

It's still warm enough in October to play in the sprinklers!  Gotta love Oklahoma weather.

I don't even know where all this dirt came from (I mean, from besides outside), but she was playing hard. 

And because we love Elmo so much, we have him gaze out in the backyard as a past time.


And just so I can document this monumental day, we got over 2" of rain.  What a blessing for this drought crazed land!!

3 comments:

Chellie said...

If you do an Elmo party there is TONS of stuff for it at Party Galaxy.
We were going to but then B decided he wanted "diggers" (trucks). We would ask him and he would say Elmo and Cookie, now I guess he changed his mind... ha

emily said...

That picture of Haylie and Elmo crack me up!!!! hahaha.

Darla said...

I agree with Emily...that last picture did me in!