Friday, May 28, 2010
In between that, I must have been delirious. I dreamed that I made a dinner dish for the Duggars for their new baby (I saw them on a magazine cover in the checkout line - apparently I felt the subconscious urge to help). But the deal with that is that I put the casserole in the back of a recliner chair (...) and of course it was all messed up when I was there to give it to them...and one of their kids was 8 feet tall and he came over to help me make a new dinner.
So then I guess before or after that one, I had a dream that a friend from Delaware was staying with us and I could hear her suddenly talking loudly about waking up Haylie and then she wandered into our room to stare at us while we were sleeping. So I said in my dream, "Get Out!! Nooo!!" Apparently I was yelling out loud because I woke up to Justin shaking me.
Bizarre. Hopefully this won't happen again. Maybe it was something I ate...
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
And even though these weren't taken today, I saw lots of smiles and goofy faces during our busy day. We spent time with Mimi & Umpy as well as Great-Gramma & Great Grampa who were in town. We went to church and she hung out on the floor just playing & rolling like a good girl so I could work on the Vienna newsletter. We ran errands like it was going out of style.
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Friday, May 21, 2010
Every night she goes to bed at 8. Sometimes she has the paci, sometimes she doesn't. About 2 hours after she goes to sleep, for some reason she wakes up. Sometimes its screaming, sometimes its just to "talk." So one of us goes in there and gives her the paci because we know its a simple solution to put her back to sleep ASAP. Well, this continues throughout the night. Either she has the paci and it eventually falls out and then it gets caught under her chin and that wakes her up...or she just randomly wakes up. I just don't know what to do. Is she hot? Is she cold? Is she teething/hurting? Do I need to stay up an extra 20 minutes each time to catch the paci when it does eventually fall out? We keep saying that we are going to let her cry it out to break her of this habit, but it's so hard to do & listen to! We need to figure something out because neither one of us ever gets a good nights sleep. And we get cranky, people.
*I know that the simple solution would be to just take the paci away...but we all know it's never really that simple.*
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
We are so proud that a new family member has arrived today! Evie Paige was born at 8:53 AM and was 6lbs, 5oz, 18 inches long. What a beautiful face!
Here we are waiting to get to go in the room. Umpy is keeping Haylie occupied with his iPad.
The BIG BROTHER!! His pants are pulled halfway up to his armpits, but he is still the best big brother ever.
Friday, May 14, 2010
I'm not sure what this grunt thing is all about. Normally she doesn't make a sound when she is pooping so I don't think she is announcing to the world that she is trying to go potty. She has just been making this throaty grunt sound for the past few days - no matter what she is doing (even during nursing. Awkward!) It's pretty hysterical...until 3 am in the morning. (Please excuse my snicker laugh in the background, but I think anything my daughter does is the funniest and cutest thing ever.)
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
Haylie was at her worst. Poor Eli wanted to play and have fun with his cousin but she was not to have any of it. Thankfully, Eli LOVES to take pictures so off he went to take some while I was wrestling with H. I think someone has an obsession...
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Thursday, May 6, 2010
- I get so excited every time I drive up to my house and my house flier box is empty. I put out 10 copies YESTERDAY and today they are all gone. Since I stay home, if I notice someone comes to get one, I watch them and imagine what it would be like if they lived here instead of us. I can't believe I just wrote that and hope no one pities me because I'm such a nerd.
- H and I went to Target today and by the time I got home she was asleep. Trying to be ever so careful, I was walking her back to her room and hit my head right on the corner of the wall...waking her up. Apparently that corner has moved since this morning.
- Braum's has new mixes and I tried the Black Forest variety today. YUM. My new favorite!
- I finally spent a gift card today that I have had since my birthday (Feb). I hoard my giftcards. We have several left from Haylie's baby shower...that will probably last until she is 2.
- This month is SO exciting. So many friend's babies are being born - not to mention my new NEICE Evie!! Can not WAIT to meet these precious ones.