Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Pink Elephant Party

The verdict is in. I'd totally do another birthday party for Haylie...cake mishaps and all. I had a lot of fun scouring blogs to come up with ideas and then get crafty with some scrapbook paper. I think that I thought I made more decor than I actually did (balloons helped fill it in)...

I made some pink elephant circles to hang on the mirror...











and the favors were jungle {elephant} crayons that I made from a candy mold (idea here).

The cake is a cake mold from Hobby Lobby and is supposed to look like this...mine is a little bit different due to the fact that it was a cake blob in the beginning. I have a new-found respect for people who work with cake!!












A scientific fact for you...if you leave pink tinted frosting out with the sun shining on it, the sun will bleach the frosting. Who knew!


I wanted Haylie to have a keepsake from her party and from her friends who came. So they all signed a paper for her to remember! It's now on her wall.




I didn't want people to be bored, so I thought I could have craft of sorts for the kids to do. It was supposed to be an "elephant" hand print...lots of fun, right? I think it was more stressful than anything. Hey, come to Haylie's party and be traumatized! Alllright!! The parents were all pretty cool about giving it a try though! We had Haylie do one the night before...


Haylie had a great time with her cake. A little slow eating it at first, but by the end, had cake literally all over her. We had to take a mini-bath in the sink!




The party "pooper".

Cousin Eli helping Umpy put together Haylie's new shopping cart! Looks complicated.

I'm glad it's over and very pleased with it all. Thanks everyone who helped make the day special for Haylie!!

5 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

I think your cake turned out awesome and the pics of the party look rad. I told Ryan he had to take photos for me bc I couldn't wait until you blogged about it :) So bummed I missed it but glad Olivia was present!

Chellie said...

I'm glad you captured Brixton's fear of the paint! That was so funny. We had a great time, thanks for inviting us.

Tarren and Erin said...

You threw a great party, Erin! I am so sorry we missed it. But you probably wouldn't have wanted miss cranky pants Liesel there anyway.

Kayla said...

Impressed girl!!! I love the craftiness!!

Sandra said...

so Jaxson's birthday is next week - can i book you for the cake.....LOL
you did an amazing job SO PROUD