Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Good Old Days

It's amazing how everyone's lives take different journeys. This holiday season, I have been thinking a lot of friends that used to be in my life daily. I have a different situation than most - my parents don't live where I grew up anymore. I am so happy they are here with me...nothing is better than close by family. I just sometimes wonder what it would be like to go back to PA for Christmas or various holidays. To show Justin & Haylie where I grew up and to meet up with friends who might still live and/or visit the area. To go to church at Newark and throw up smelling the rank mushrooms in West Grove. I read on Facebook of all my high school friends who are still connected and try to get together often. I honestly think of them a lot! I just miss the "good old days" but know that my life is so blessed right where I am. I wouldn't change it for the world. I guess this is the time of year to reminisce though. If any of my Avon Grove or Newark buddies just happen to read this, just know that I miss you, think of you often and the fun times we had during the most awkward time of our lives - middle & high school. You made a huge impact on my life and I'm who I am today because of you. I am thankful to Facebook for connecting me back to many. Hopefully the trip Justin and I have been talking about of going back to PA next year will pan out. Whoo hoo!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My parents also moved away from where I grew up. BUT the first summer Jim and I were married, we lived in my hometown, so he got to know the place and met all my friends, which was fun. But it is kind of sad when all your old friends get together, but you know it's unlikely you'll go back often, or ever.

Anonymous said...

I so hope that you all are able to come up and you know you all could have the guest room at my parents! Just as long as you don't mind 3 dogs : ) I think of you lots and miss all of our times together and rides to school in the truck...growing up is hard and even if there are tons of miles between us I still think of you as one of my best friends. You were a huge part of my life and I miss and love you (and your family) u have a great family. On a side note if u want a blast from the past I went out with Steve over turkey day...we were talking about how we met in your basement lol - Carrie