Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Renovation City

One day I will post more pictures of our house, but until we get it to a place where it's not a construction zone, you will just get bits and pieces. Oh, and Haylie's round face.

We took off some pretty rockin' wallpaper to find un-textured walls. Every other wall & ceiling in the house has the same knock-down texture so we had to match it. So therefore, the Hopper from Home Depot comes to our rescue. You pour mud in a big funnel attached to an air compressor. What do you get? Shooting mud that sounds like an old woman with the walking farts.
It was a huge mess and it took my mom and I all day on Monday to clean it up! So thankful for her help - it would have taken me all week by myself.



Hopefully this week we will be able to paint and finally get the feeling of being completely settled! I'm just having a hard time picking colors. I'm probably going to go very neutral but part of me wants to get crazy and bring in the vibrant colors. What to do?

3 comments:

Darla said...

How come it has to be an old woman??? Don't old men do that too?

Mandy said...

I say go vibrant!

Unknown said...

I just read in the Readers Digest you should pick your colors last. Place your furniture, etc, then pick your colors. A pain to move everything twice or color with plastic but it ensures a match!