Friday, October 11, 2013

Running Through Rainbows

Last weekend, was pretty busy - with making my daughter's dream come true and all.  But since we like to jam pack our weekends full of fun, I also had signed up to do The Color Run earlier that morning.  Justin was already planning to be gone antelope hunting, so my parents came down to help watch the kids.

We formed our team awhile back and most of us belong to the same Qgroup at church.  It was a pretty cold morning for Oklahoma and we tried to keep ourselves moving with warm ups, jumping around and layering up.

Half the team...

The whole team.

I haven't done a whole lot of 5k's, but this one was by far the most fun.  I even caught some swag right before the run!  Once we finally got started, I saw my cheering section not too long after!


I wish I could say I ran the whole thing, but I walked most of the hills.  My friend Sara and I stayed together and we got thru all the clouds of dust (or did I eat some dirt?) together!

After we were done, we went to the party section to do the final color toss.  It was a lot of fun - just don't expect to breathe!


And here we are - all colorized.


We were happy to be done (get it?), but honestly, it was so much fun!  Definitely signing up again next year!






1 comment:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

HA! We saw a group eating at Empire Pizza that day! Looks like fun.