Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Everything looks better in the morning...right?

Wrong.  When I woke up this morning, my daughter's hair still looked like a mullet.  Let's back up.  I wish I could start this post out by saying what a wonderful 7th anniversary my husband and I had.  With a night out to celebrate, loving on our children and reminiscing about our last 7 years.  Well, the reminiscing part happened but nothing else.

I had a webinar to attend so I holed up in my room around 7:45 to get ready for that.  Jace was already in bed and Haylie was on her way.  Jace napped much earlier in the day and Haylie didn't at all so I was thinking it would be an easy bedtime.

Notsomuch.

Jace was in his bed at 7:30 and we thought he was down.  At 8pm, he was up screaming.  Didn't want to be consoled, or sleep, or anything.  Just screaming.

Then Justin goes in to check on Haylie and he finds her in front of her new Thomas chair with bits of hair in front of her.  He then notices the front of her hair is gone.  She starts crying and says she doesn't want to see Mommy.  With a little investigating and asking what happened, she told him she cut her hair and put it behind her other chair in the corner.

He found this.  Yikes.


So he walks in while I'm happily watching my webinar with no idea of what is happening outside my door.  Then Haylie comes in.

I pee my pants.


Ok not really but I'm laughing/crying/in shock because my daughter somehow, for some reason, cut her hair in a mullet.

I beg Justin to take her to my sister to try to get her fixed up a little bit. Thankfully, Emily was able to salvage a little bit and we can evaluate the real situation.

Meanwhile, 2 hours later, Jace is still screaming and being restless so I find myself in the car, driving thru Edmond at 11 at night.  Happy anniversary.

But this morning things are much happier and we can make the hairstyle work.  I'm still debating on cutting off her length into a cute bob but Justin isn't on board.  And I realized today we have school pictures as well as family pictures in the next week.  This will definitely be a year to remember.


3 comments:

Tarren and Erin said...

I totally think you should cut it. She will look cute with whatever haircut but you are correct about it being memorable. What better way to commemorate it than by a family picture?

Wa Wa Waughs said...

HA! Love it. I can only remember one of mine doing this...so...it will be forgotten, someday.

Summer Lashley said...

This is the most hilarious story ever.