Friday, August 16, 2013

Design By Text

I guess going on a week long vacation and then coming back gives you a fresh perspective on your house.  After taking about a week to recover from our trip to the beach, I walked into my son's room and thought - what is going on here??  The room had no flow, it was pieced together and although there were certain things in there that I loved, it was just NOT working.  There was a LOT of stuff in there too.

                                   

I love the way my friend Maria decorates her home, so I immediately texted her and she was game to help me!  We created a board on Pinterest and we both starting pinning away!  What I think is hilarious though is that while we are pinning, our whole conversation is being texted.  Our kids were sleeping and instead of actually talking, we texted all of our thoughts.  It was ideal though so we could send photos of the current "situation" in Jace's room and ideas on where to put things as well as respond when we had the time.

First up, rearrange the room.  Next, shopping for new bedding.  I'm trying to keep the budget low so I'm hopeful to find things on sale or already in my house.  I've only made a few changes and I already love it so much more!

Before.....After.

This is my work in progress.


Fun things still to come - to actually make it a fun little boys room!!

(And since we have rearranged and taken stuff out, the kids have played in there more than they ever have.  Love!!)

1 comment:

Maria said...

Woohoo!! I'm glad that I'm just a text away ;) But really... this has been so fun!