Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sweet Haylie

I don't really keep track of how many months old Haylie is - to me she is just plain 2 years old.  But I thought about it and today marks 28 months.  I want to remember what a sweet and smart little girl I have at this point so to celebrate 2 years and 4 months, here are some tid-bits about my Haylie Brooke.


She absolutely loves to sing.  Her favorite songs are "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star", "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" (which I have mixed feelings about since I am TERRIFIED of those nasty creatures), "ABC's" and "The Farmer in the Dell."  Most of her versions are pretty spot on - except Farmer in the Dell.  "High ho did you know, the farmer in the dell."  You know Haylie is in a great mood if she is singing away.

She also adores books. She will be in her room "reading" them to her stuffed animals, Elmo or our cat.  Anyone that will listen! She makes up her own versions according to the pictures.  This is a big past-time during the day. Right now her favorite book is anything with Elmo and "There's a Wocket in my Pocket" by Dr. Seuss.
She also has lots of friends - Julianne, Liesel and Ava are the friends she talks about most.  Luckily, we get to play with them all pretty often!
To avoid a major meltdown at naptime and bedtime, we have started letting her lay on the floor with her pillow pet and most of the time she just passes out right there.  Fine by me if that avoids hours of screaming!  This definitely reminds me of myself since my parents used to find me in the hallway, on the floor by the nightlight, just peacefully asleep.  She is truly my daughter.
But most of all, Haylie diapers.  She diapers bears, Elmo, baby dolls...and she'll lift up a tab, say "eww, nasty!" and proceed to then change their diaper.  She'll roll them up and tell us it's trash. Her teachers at school tell me that she knows everyone's diapers and will help them by opening the diaper and getting it ready to go.

She's just a little mama.  Very concerned about others and wanting to help them. The other night I said, "man, my back hurts!" and she got up and started patting my back to help me "feel" better. She can count to 13 on her own and knows all of her letters and numbers (up to 10) by sight.  When we tell her in a minute - she holds up her hands and says "10 minutes?" like she understands time.
Haylie loves being outdoors too!  We got her a bike and she loves to ride it.  She can't pedal but she pushes herself all over the place.  She wants to be in her stroller and go on walks to the park a lot.  And her dang blanket must come with us everywhere. The park, library, grocery store, school...but that is okay because we have officially given up the paci!!  She was only having it at naptime and bedtime, but Justin started not giving it to her and we went from there.  Hooray!!  Next up, potty training.  If we can just get it in her mind that diapers aren't THAT cool.

No comments: