Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012

This past weekend we celebrated Easter by hanging out with family.  On Saturday morning, our neighborhood put on a pretty decent egg hunt for the kids.  We invited our cousins to come and had a great time.  Eli and Haylie even found prize eggs!  More Play-doh for our little one.



Jace spent his first egg hunt napping.

Side note: I think buying babies a specific outfit for a holiday is ridiculous.  Why spend money on something they will only wear once?  Well, I did this year on a whim.  And I shouldn't have. I bought him the onesie in this picture and he spit up on it after he wore it 5 minutes on Saturday.  Then I washed and tried again for Sunday after church but his butt exploded before we went anywhere...so no one even saw it!!! So, please adore his Easter onesie...even though you can't really see it. 

........

Anyway, back to the weekend festivities.

 The cousins at the neighborhood hunt!  I forget why Evie was so sad...

Later that day, I laid Jace on the bed and went to go get something.  Well, I walked back in and saw this - at first glance I wasn't sure which was the real baby!

We did get together with my extended family later that day but I didn't take any pictures.  Wah, wah.

Easter 2012.  My sister made her this sweet skirt! I didn't get a pic of Jace because he was sleeping.  Oops.
Our Easter dinner was at my sister's house and we had another egg hunt.  I think the kids were hunted out because after getting about 3 eggs, they were done!  We got them to keep going though.

Jace got to enjoy the hunt snuggling with Mimi in his non-Easter apparel.

I hope that you had a great Easter weekend and got to celebrate with loved ones like we did!

**I think the best part of the weekend was when we went to church and heard a wonderful sermon by Phil Brookman.  Then got to witness our good friend Greyson be baptized into Christ! Hallelujah!**

No comments: