Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Parable of the Lost Keys

This past April, I somehow misplaced my keys. I discovered this the Monday after when I had packed Haylie up, got her in the car, got everything else in the car, went to dig my keys out of my purse to head to Wal-mart and found...nothing. I turned my house & car inside and out looking for them. Still nothing.

Have you ever lost your keys? I felt like a piece of me was lost and I felt very unsettled. I called the retreat hotel, I called my parents to see if I left them there when dropping off Haylie, I even blamed Justin for misplacing them. No luck.

Hoping to find them once we I started packing, I was sorely disappointed when they didn't show up. We did find Caramel's cat coils that have been missing for months but no keys.

Moving day arrives. Justin and friend are picking up one of our couches to take them out to the truck when there is a moment of weakness and one needs to adjust their hold. Hearing a "jingle", I make them stop and jingle the couch again. Sounds like keys!! The bad thing is, I can't get to them. They are inside my couch. How in the world...??

Once at the new house, I couldn't stand it any more and rip a hole in the bottom of our couch to free my missing keys. I was pumped!! Justin was not - he is not a fan of hole-y couches.

Who cares. I am complete. I even said sorry for blaming him for misplacing my keys.

1 comment:

Tarren and Erin said...

Yay! You found the keys! It was good of you to apologize to Justin for blaming him. It is hard to do that sometimes.