Friday, January 17, 2014

Checking In...

We are only a few weeks into January, but I feel a life time has happened since New Year's Day!  How is that possible?  Well, we've been quite busy and I thought I'd share some things we are doing.

Justin - up to something, we all know!  He is researching his next purchase for another rental property.  Yes, we can't seem to get enough of being landlords and want to find another jewel in OKC.  This has been his focus since before the holidays and I think we have finally found *the one*.  Not to be confused with the property that was barely more than a shack with three cats living (and apparently peeing) in it.  That was a no-go.

Me - The blog.  We've had an OKCMB playdate, contributor meeting, business meetings with local businesses, and the beginning workings of an event that I can't wait to share!!!  I've also been Pinterest recipe trying, cleaning, re-organizing and playing with my babes.  I really should hire a maid to actually clean my house once in awhile...but that's not likely to happen any time soon.

Haylie - She is really into practicing her letters, singing the Days of the Week (complete with tongue clicks), watching movies, being sassy, acting like a mother-hen to her brother, picking out her own outfits (please tell me you don't think I'M picking those out...), reading and praying, bouncing off the walls, loves to make phone calls on my phone, spelling words/reading, building blocks, being a big helper, and trying to sound like an adult while talking...all while chewing gum.

Jace - This kid is getting bigger every day!  And for good reason - he will be two in less than two weeks!! Wasn't he just born??  I'm in the beginning stages of planning a Thomas party because...well...he LOVES that train almost more than Haylie does.  We started him young but at least we don't have to buy anything since we have almost every Thomas thing made.  He also loves our cat, "BOO-ing" at any and everyone (you know you've made it into his good graces when he BOO's at you), wants to "GO!" every morning (he is so disappointed when we have a day at home), is obsessed with having fans, lights, humidifiers and radios on   but must have doors, drawers, cabinets and windows SHUT properly at all times.  He likes to go to school - which is interesting because he is very clingy to me, but I attribute his love for school by having awesome teachers. When he doesn't want to be put down, he yanks his legs up so he is in a little ball so you literally can't put him down without rolling him on his head.  He likes to eat ALL meals on my lap or running around the kitchen until he decides to take a bite - it depends on his mood really.  He is starting to tell us "No" when we ask him to clean up, eat, or basically do anything and that usually ends in a spanking or two.  When he cries, it's amazing how much liquid comes out of that kid.  He can be soaking wet from tears and drool well within thirty seconds...but we love his spunk and cute personality that is shining through more and more each day.

Now that you are caught up on us, let me know what you are up to!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Justin can buy our house for a rental if he wants! - Mandy