Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Sleepover.

If you want to have a really fun time, have five 4-year olds over for a sleepover.  The fun is never-ending and is actually quite fun for the mommas too!!  Haylie had a birthday party last Friday night and even though we had some pretty bad weather that has us thinking it might be cancelled, the party still went on with the friends who braved the snow & ice to drop their kids off.  To prep the party, I made some pillowcases with their names on it so they could color on it and have one of their own. 


This was such a low-key party.  It started at 7 and I was already in my sweats.  Let the girls run around, get acquainted with the house and each other and let the fun begin.  It's amazing how quickly they find the dress up clothes!

Anyone see the little brother??

We made some fun cupcakes and had some cake toppers made by Party Gypsy since I couldn't find Tinkerbell or Thomas on short notice.  Pretty cute, if you ask me.  It was perfect for Haylie's theme - Thomas, Tinkerbell & Hello Kitty.  That makes total sense to put all those together...


We played pin the bow on Hello Kitty, 

made pretty pillowcases,

let the girls be crazy cat ladies,

Thomas the Train scavenger hunt,

opened presents,

ate some cake,

made some Tinkerbell wings,

and WHEW, ended the night with a Tinkerbell movie!

Justin made this fabulous fort that the girls just LOVED.  PVC pipe and fittings, lots of sheets and tablecloths, Christmas lights to set the mood...and the girls were in HEAVEN.


I'm pretty sure not a lot of them fell asleep until close to midnight...but no one had an accident (my fear), no one wanted to go home at 2 am (another fear) and they slept until at least 7am!!!  I heard that every single one of them took an excellent nap later that day.

Breakfast in the morning was pancakes and cantaloupe, where we also made cereal necklaces out of fruit loops.


The girls were all VERY good and we had a GREAT time.  I was worried about it being too early (age-wise) for them to spend the night, but three of the moms stayed around awhile, and one even spent the night with us!  I must admit, I think I got the least amount of sleep between Jace waking up (of all nights!) the cat wanting to be let out, the sleep talking from the tent (LOL) and sleeping with a wolf beach towel right in my face...

All in all, it was such a fun time and I'm glad H's friends braved the weather to celebrate with her!



1 comment:

Aubrie said...

You are a brave, brave woman.