Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful for...

This month is a month of thankfulness.  Lots of friends on Facebook are doing a day by day list of what they are thankful for.  Since I never started on day 1, it's a bit late to start now so here is my list of what I'm thankful for.

1. Justin.  Without him, I wouldn't laugh nearly as much, have someone to talk things through or find out random facts every day.  I'm better because of him.
2. Haylie.  My baby girl, the light of my life.  She is smart, caring, funny, ridiculously beautiful and all things wonderful.  Can you tell? I love that girl.
3. Jace.  My chunk chunk.  My baby boy.  I was nervous about having a boy - but I love that kid so much it surprised me!  His smile makes my whole day brighter. I love seeing his personality grow each and every day.
4. My parents.  They live within 12 minutes of me and are willing to watch my kids or help me out in a bind at a moments notice.  I'm finding out you can never thank your parents enough - especially after raising you.
5. My sister & her fam. I talk to my sister usually once a day.  Running ideas by her, planning a get together or shopping trip, I feel weird if I don't talk or text with her every day.
6. Extended family - in laws, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins...I am very thankful for the family I was born into and the one I was married into.

*Now let's get serious.*

7. Friends who text me to see whats up or bring me a Sonic drink just because.
8. Sound machines who help my daughter fall asleep faster and keep her sleeping longer.
9. Kitty snuggles.
10. In-laws who will let Haylie come for a weekend and let me have a break.
11. Naps. Self-explanatory.
12. Cows.  Who make milk.  So I can stop nursing.
13. Cell phones.  So I can stay connected through calls, texts and emails.
14. Music. To help me through the day or bring back wonderful memories.
15. Picture albums.  I can look back through them and relive wonderful (or not so wonderful) times of my life.  Gothic my sophomore year?  Yikes. Let's burn those memories. My sister gave me a haircut?  Wow - let's forget that!
16. Books. I love getting lost in a different time and a different place.
17. Washing machines.  I'm not sure how people survived without them.
18. Giggles.

I could keep going on about random things but mostly, I'm thankful for Jesus - for giving his life for me and for the grace he provides so through him, my family and I will be together in Heaven.

3 comments:

Darla said...

ahhhh!

Kathryn said...

You are the best. Your family is the best. Love you!!

Kim Buesing said...

I really missed you at Thanksgiving! I missed kissing your babies at Thanksgiving. I'm thankful your family. I love you all so very much.