Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Just me and Jace

This weekend this kid and I spent some one-on-one time together.  It was awesome.  And this is the only picture I took of him.


So Justin was planning on going hunting for a long weekend and I was about to go crazy with my two kids - love them so much - so I shipped Haylie off to see Grandma while I relaxed at home with my baby.  What did I do?

Thursday night.  Sulked.  Cried.  Missed my hubby and baby girl.  Jace went to bed at 7:30 and left me on my own for what felt like hours. I was second guessing myself on everything.  I might have even cleaned.

But things got better Friday, even better Saturday and blissful on Sunday.  We might have missed church Sunday morning because he was sleeping - until 10 AM!!

It was weird only having one kid - and one that only grunts at me.  I missed my crazy conversations with Haylie but it was nice to have two breaks during the day and an easy peasy kid who just likes to eat!  I was very excited to see my baby girl on Sunday night - glad we were ALL back together.

Jace and I did a lot while H and J were gone.  Shopping, garage saling, craft night, baby shower...I even mowed the grass and cleaned the house!

I'm thinking this might be a yearly tradition where hunting season begins and Mommy gets a weekend to herself.  Ha.  We'll see about that.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love having one kid....or one less kid. It makes life so much easier.....as soon as Kellyn is done nursing I'll be lobbying for a weekend to myself though....