Friday, July 13, 2012

Goodbye...

This week I'm saying goodbye to my very first brand new car I've ever owned.  It was a college graduation present from my parents and I loved this car so much.  But with two kids, it was becoming less and less practical.  I could get everything in this car that I needed to, but it was cramped and frustrating.


 So...we scoured Craigslist and Carmax and wound up purchasing this beauty...

A 2004 dark gray Honda Odyssey.


I NEVER thought I would be a mini-van owner.  And I'm still in shock that it's in my driveway and I have the keys.  But the fact that in the last day I have had so much more ease with my kids just shows me that I will love this van.  I love that the front seats are probably more roomier than my whole entire car.
 I can open both sliding doors with a push of a button.  And the cargo space?  Love.  I can put ALL THREE of my strollers back here and still go grocery shopping if I need to.

And remember how Haylie's new favorite holiday is the 4th of July?  Yep, it just got better now that we will always have a comfy seat to watch them from.  The back seat just flips right over.  Seriously?! 

It may not have been love at first sight, but I can tell that this new van relationship will work out juuust fine!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm in the same boat! I NEVER wanted a minivan. But I'm so so tired of rude people parking so close to Mark's door that I can't get him in. I want a sliding door so bad!